Tuesday, October 9, 2012

40 Hour Field Experience

I am completing my 40 hour field experience at Jefferson Elementary. I am in the Kindergarten classroom. I thought I had an idea of what to expect when I entered the classroom, but I was surprised. I have been in a first grade classroom so I was expecting it to be like that. I was wrong. It is very fast paced and high energy in the room. I am having a great time and I know this is the profession that I want to be in. I am learning many different things. I am working with the children on learning the sounds of their letters. It also is a review for me. Breaking up the words is sometimes a challenge. I am so use to just knowing how to spell them. It is going well though. It is very different to be in the teacher role. I like being in the teacher role and having a majority of the control. I enjoy helping the students learn and when they succeed it is such a great feeling. I have not encountered anything that I do not like, yet. I am sure I will. Until next time, Have a wonderful day and always keep discovering something new!

No comments:

Post a Comment